Blogging. Oh, sweet, beautiful blogging.
There are so many truly skilled, talented, dedicated bloggers out there–and I have an appreciation for them that’s greater than any other. That’s because bloggers don’t have to do it. If you think about it, blogging is literally like giving yourself a homework assignment several times a week. You think of a topic, do research, then sit down, write and rewrite. What makes these bloggers even more admirable is the fact that they slave away at their keyboards without receiving a single cent in return.
And for what?
Because this is what they love. Writing, art, expression–it’s their passion. It’s all they know, and for some, it’s all they have. And we as readers should be grateful to be able to feast our eyes upon such art for free.
Meanwhile, there are some “bloggers” out there who are comfortable hitting the Publish button after writing a post that looks more like a Twitter status update.
There are so many names and blogs I’d love to list here… but for now, I’m going to list a few of my favorites. Please do consider checking out these bloggers, and maybe giving them a follow if you like what you read 🙂
- Lady Lazarus ❤ – Poetic posts of self-expression and BEAUTIFUL artwork she does herself. A very lovely woman.
- Amberley – A very diverse and entertaining blog with posts on writing, poetry, self-expression, and “health and shit.” Lol, she’s got a mouth on her but it’s one of her many endearing qualities, really 🙂
- Erroneous Choices – Not gonna lie–I’ve been waiting to give this girl a shoutout for a while now. Her writing has a level of uniqueness that’s beyond this world, and her blog is so underrated that it’s a bit maddening. Not only can she write years ahead of her time, but she’s really quite gorgeous as well 🙂
- Robbie Yates – Clever, entertaining, hilarious poetry. Started following this guy today after he left a poem-style comment on my post. I found it funny.
- Cozy Pages – Good ol’ Nina has some of the best book reviews around! Plus, she’s kicking off my blog tour on the 23rd 🙂
- A Writer’s Soul – Out of this world, beautiful (often, very sexy) poetry ❤
- Amanda – Incredibly helpful and insightful essays over life and all its colors.
- Ragazza Triste – Another very diverse blog. This girl has it all! She writes a lot of poetry and very creative, insightful posts about impactful experiences through life. She’s really nice, too 🙂
- Deedee ❤ – Another wonderful stop in my blog tour! Dtilley has a very lively and upbeat blog with posts over books, inspiration, cooking, exercise, and more 🙂
- Kaddie Tucker – “Dark poetry, prose, and music” ❤
Also, I’d like to begin occasionally doing guest posts. I know I don’t have a huge following, but I want to anyway.
I’m not too picky. My big thing is that I love relatable pieces that evoke emotion. If it’s real, raw, uncensored, I’ll take it. Feel free to contact me 🙂
One more thing: my novel is available for pre-order on Amazon and is set to go live June 22nd. Blog tour begins June 23 and ends July 13 🙂 Hope you’ll check it out!
Thanks for reading,